You Need Professionals to Deal with Fire Damage in Laconia
Fires in Laconia can happen quickly and often without any warning. Contact our SERVPRO team to help during this stressful time.
SERVPRO Manages Restorative Action for Fire Damaged Laconia Homes
Restorative cleaning by trained and experienced professionals can save you a lot of money on fire damage claims in Laconia. While replacing or resurfacing fire damaged items can be costly, cleaning and restoration services are usually only a fraction of the cost.
SERVPRO technicians use industry-leading technology to clean and restore the structure and components after fire damage to your Laconia property. Our scientifically developed principles and elements of cleaning aim to restore the materials to preloss condition and lessen the expense of the fire claim. The goal is to repair the damage “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO’s Elements of Cleaning
SERVPRO technicians keep the fire damage restoration process in your Laconia home efficient and straightforward. We aim to remove the smoke and soot residue as efficiently as possible without causing harm to the surfaces involved. SERVPRO technicians use several techniques based on the following four elements of cleaning to accomplish this goal:
- Using temperature: Heat increases the speed of the chemical reactions in cleaning products. The technicians select appropriate temperatures depending on the type of the solution and the material being cleaned.
- Using agitation: In some cases, the smoke and soot residues can form strong bonds with the surfaces that need mechanical agitation to dislodge. The restorers use towels, brushes, water, air pressure, or even sonic vibrations to provide required mechanical agitation to dislodge soils and char.
- Using chemical action: Professional products react chemically with the soils to alter their structure and weaken the bonds with surfaces. Technicians select the proper products based on the desired action, such as bleaching, oxidizing, dissolving, or digesting.
- Using time: Time plays a crucial role in restorative cleaning. The amount of dwell time needed by professional products varies significantly with the soil and surface involved.
Methods Used in Restorative Cleaning
SERVPRO technicians utilize several methods to clean a wide range of structural components and contents after fire damage. Regardless of the method, we always care for the customer’s personal property. Here are some of the techniques that we routinely use to clean fire damaged homes:
- Dry cleaning: As the name suggests, this method involves the application of light agitation using dusting clothes and brushes without applying any product. It is a method of choice if the residue is light and non-greasy.
- Wet cleaning: More aggressive than the previous method, this method often involves using professional agents that may or may not be water-based. The item being cleaned is thoroughly saturated in the solution.
- Spray and wipe: Although it is a variation of the wet cleaning method, it does not involve surface saturation with an agent. The product is lightly sprayed on the surface and wiped clean with a towel. The restorer has better control over the amount of product applied.
- Abrasive cleaning: These methods involve applying agitation to the surface being cleaned. Restorers have different methods of rubbing or agitating residues from the surface. Technicians routinely use abrasive media such as steel wool or scrubbing pads.
- Immersion cleaning: It is an effective method only if the cleaned item can withstand being submerged in liquid. In some cases, the restorers also use high-frequency sound waves to provide abrasion during immersion cleaning. The ultrasound waves produce millions of tiny bubbles that implode, creating microscopic jet streams that provide focused agitation.
Irrespective of the size, We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, and SERVPRO is dedicated to helping you when you need us the most. Call SERVPRO of The Lakes Region at (603) 527-2518.
Laconia Deserves Top Quality Water Damage Mitigation Service
Water damage in your Laconia home gets immediate attention from SERVPRO’s professionals to lessen the damage to the structure and contents.
Why do Laconia Homeowners Trust SERVPRO with Water Damage Restoration?
Restoring water damage to your Laconia home requires skill, experience, and expertise that not all restorers possess. SERVPRO has earned the trust of homeowners thanks to the consistently high-quality service we provide.
While SERVPRO never claims to be perfect, our systematic action plan for handling water damage at Laconia properties has saved our customers time and money. Our highly trained and Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certified professionals have developed a process to tackle water issues, big or small, that yield consistent results. Our technicians work hard to have your home restored “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO’s Water Restoration Process
SERVPRO technicians of Laconia have spent a lot of time and resources developing a streamlined restoration process. The process is divided into four distinct phases:
- Project initiation: During this initial step, SERVPRO’s crew completes a walk-through of the damaged property and identifies the customer's priorities. The technicians carry inspection kits containing moisture meters, laser measures, and other inspection tools. Technicians also take 'before' photos during the initiation phase of the restoration process.
- Project plan: The planning phase involves defining the full scope and the type of services required for restoration. The technicians collect moisture readings to determine the location and extent of moisture saturation during this step. The damages observed are then categorized into preexisting, primary, or secondary damages. If required, technicians establish a drying plan and a controlled demolition plan. We always keep the customers in the loop during this phase of the restoration process.
- Project execution: It is perhaps one of the most critical steps of the entire restoration process. The restorers formulate a production work cycle consisting of the various activities to get the job done. Once the resources are allocated to the expert team, they begin the restoration work. Equipment such as pumps, extractors, dehumidifiers, and air movers are used to achieve the drying goal determined in the planning phase.
- Project close-out: After completing the scope of the work, the SERVPRO technicians conduct a final review of the project, ensuring that drying and restoration goals are met.
Equipment Used in Water Restoration
SERVPRO IICRC-certified technicians use several pieces of restorative equipment in your water damaged Laconia property. The equipment used can be classified into the following broad categories:
- Inspection devices: Technicians use these devices to locate the areas of the structure where water has intruded. Some of the devices used for this purpose include moisture sensors, thermal imaging cameras, moisture meters, and thermo-hygrometers.
- Extraction equipment: Restorers use these pieces of equipment to remove standing water from the structure. Various factors determine the type of extraction equipment used. Restorers routinely employ extraction tools such as truck-mounted extractors, light wands, deep extraction tools, and submersible pumps.
- Air moving equipment: Technicians use this type of equipment to enhance the rate of evaporation. Air is blown across the wet surface with air movers, which removes the cold saturated boundary layer, speeding up evaporation.
- Dehumidification equipment: Our restorers use various dehumidifiers to remove excess moisture from the air and lower the humidity ratio. With dehumidifiers removing the water from the air, the evaporation increases. We use both refrigerant and desiccant types of dehumidifiers.
We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, and SERVPRO is committed to providing the best possible service to homeowners in Laconia. Call SERVPRO of The Lakes Region at (603) 527-2518 with any questions.
Professionals Can Safely Handle Mold Damage in Laconia
If you find mold damage inside your Laconia home, do not hesitate to call SERVPRO.
How Can SERVPRO Help Laconia Residents After Mold Damage?
Mold damage to your Laconia property can spell disaster. If not, you are not proactive in seeking professional help. Trying to deal with the damage on your own is perhaps the worst plan of action. The microscopic spores can also spread throughout the structure if you don't have the right equipment.
Professionals like SERVPRO have the necessary training, equipment, and experience to remedy mold damage in your Laconia property safely and efficiently. We rely on the guidelines provided by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) during the remediation process. SERVPRO understands that microbes and their spores are an integral part of our indoor ecosystem and hence complete eradication of mold is impossible. However, through professional cleaning, we ensure the reduction of microbes and implement measures to prevent their growth after the cleaning process is complete.
Mold Remediation Work Procedures
SERVPRO uses the IICRC S520 Mold Remediation Guidelines to develop a restoration strategy in your Laconia property. The process involves multiple steps, and a typical cleanup takes less than a week to complete. Our goal is to restore your property “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO technicians consult with the homeowners before formulating the strategy. A typical remediation plan involves the following-
- The first step is usually a thorough pre-remediation inspection to ascertain the worksite conditions and extent of the microbial contamination. Technicians consider various factors, including accessibility, logistics, staging areas, traffic flow, and safety issues.
- Setting up containment is the next step that prevents the spread of the spores to unaffected areas of the structure. Technicians erect containment barriers using 6-mil polyethylene sheeting to separate areas with microbial damage of unaffected regions. The containment areas are equipped with Air Filtration Devices (AFDs) and negative air machines (NAMs) to prevent the spread of microbial spores through exhausted air.
- Porous building materials with contamination such as drywall, insulation, and ceiling tiles are often removed and discarded. SERVPRO technicians prevent the aerosolization of spores during these controlled demolition processes. Our AMRT applied microbial remediation technicians carefully remove contaminated material with razors and knives rather than tearing them to avoid generating bioaerosols.
- Restorers use wire brushes with simultaneous HEPA vacuuming to catch microbial spores as small as 0.3 microns, to remove visible growth.
The Role of Antimicrobials in Mold Damage Restoration
The IICRC S520 guidelines suggest that the physical removal of microbial growth and spores should be the guiding principle of mold remediation. However, the IICRC acknowledges biocides' role in the remediation process. Antimicrobials can suppress or retard future microbial growth if properly used and applied.
SERVPRO uses antimicrobials in the suggested capacity in the IICRC S520 guidelines. We use the following principles when using biocides in mold remediation:
- Technicians use biocides only after the visible contamination is cleaned physically.
- We only use EPA-approved biocides.
- We always debrief the customer about the antimicrobial being used
- Our technicians apply the biocides according to the regulation guidelines and label directions
Even if the contamination is light and may not require cleanup with an antimicrobial, it can become a full-blown disaster if left untreated. SERVPRO technicians work hard to restore your home to preloss conditions as quickly as possible and protect you from the potentially disastrous effects of fungal contamination.
If you suspect that your Laconia property might have contamination, call SERVPRO of The Lakes Region at (603) 527-2518; We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Trust SERVPRO for Commercial Water Mitigation in Your Laconia Warehouse
Call SERVPRO of Teaneck at (603) 527-2518 for fast and efficient service.
Commercial Water Mitigation in Laconia Requires Experts
Unchecked water can devastate any building, but the stakes are higher in a warehouse. The destruction can be more extensive when you consider stored merchandise. Stagnant water can also remain hidden for longer in warehouse settings. Machinery and hazardous chemicals present safety risks.
Warehouses have fast-paced environments, and disrupting business operations can cause customers to search for other options. SERVPRO has the expertise required to conduct commercial water mitigation in your Laconia warehouse. Beyond construction, it is necessary to preserve the products needed for commerce to continue. The high humidity linked to water-damaged warehouses can affect the contents. Contents like cardboard boxes can get compromised and fall apart, creating a mess that requires cleanup.
Unaddressed water damage can also cause machinery, racks, and other items in the warehouse to corrode. SERVPRO understands the effect of water damage in warehouses and can offer a safe and fast recovery. Our water damage mitigation process comprises several steps, such as:
- Stabilizing the structure
- Removing standing water
- Removing affected materials
- Drying and dehumidification
- Repairing or replacing ruined structures and contents.
We have powerful water extraction equipment that offers quick water removal. Moisture can hide under flooring, walls, or HVAC systems. Our SERVPRO team can locate the structures into which water has intruded and define the degree to which the forms and contents have absorbed moisture further than normal levels. We can use advanced devices to track moisture in the building, including thermal imaging cameras, moisture sensors, and moisture meters.
Our industrial air movers and dehumidifiers make the work of lowering humidity quicker. Air movers improve evaporation by introducing airflow at the surface level. They replace the saturated, excellent boundary layer with drier, warmer air from dehumidifiers.
Water damage can also cause foul odors in a building. Our SERVPRO team can use several methods to eliminate the smells. One is to use ultra-low volume (ULV) foggers to dispense solvent-based and water-based deodorizers to the affected areas.
To handle commercial water damage efficiently, call SERVPRO of The Lakes Region for help at (603) 527-2518. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Strategic Water Cleanup for Laconia Properties
Don't let flood damage take over your property, Call SERVPRO.
SERVPRO Facilitates Water Restoration in Laconia
A property hit by a storm is likely to be inundated in copious amounts of water either from the driving rain or rising groundwater. An elaborate water cleanup process is essential to restore the place to its pre-damaged state.
While your goal is to resume normalcy as fast as possible, you should hold off on water cleanup at your Laconia property until you establish the exact effects the incident has on the property. You might benefit if you involve an experienced SERVPRO team since we often deal with such cases, so we can anticipate or respond to any unusual problems you encounter.
Issues caused by storms in properties:
- Significant water accumulation
- Structural damage
An incident can involve only one aspect or combine all. Also, you might only notice the most apparent issue, such as the inches of stagnant water standing on the floor, but forget the hazardous materials dissolved in the water. SERVPRO professionals have a keen eye and sufficient resources to ensure cleanup goes as planned.
What it takes to clean a property:
- Patient execution
- Variety of powerful equipment
- Appropriate cleaning agents
A speedy conclusion is desirable for various reasons, including minimizing inconveniences and costs. However, some tasks, such as carpet cleaning and drying, are better handled patiently since a hasty approach can damage the material. Vigorous agitation during cleaning is known to cause delamination while drying procedures such as floating can cause stretching. Our SERVPRO technicians use tactful approaches such as applying and giving chemical agents sufficient dwell time, thus limiting the need for harsh cleaning procedures.
Choice of Cleaning Equipment
Using an appropriate tool makes work easier and improves the outcome. Proper tools can mean the entire equipment, such as extractors, or the accessories attached to the equipment, such as the type of wand. Truck-mounted extractors and high-pressure or submersible pumps are standard equipment used depending on the amount and location of the intruding water. For soiled areas, rotating brushes and pressure washers help detach soils.
SERVPRO of The Lakes Region offers timely help when your property needs water cleanup. Call us at (603) 527-2518.
The Phases of Fire Damage Restoration in Laconia Properties
Call the professionals at SERVPRO of The Lakes Region to help with fire restoration to your property.
Laconia Fire Damage Removal with SERVPRO
Whatever the cause of a house fire, losing your home and possessions is painful. Flame is one of many problems when a fire damages a house. Smoke, soot, and the damage from fire-suppression water further destroy belongings and mementos. To minimize further property destruction in your Laconia home and ensure a quicker recovery, you should seek help from restoration professionals.
The damage from a fire can take a toll on the affected individual. Therefore, fire damage restoration professionals in Laconia should display compassion and empathy during this challenging time without sacrificing the job quality. SERVPRO fully addresses the disaster from start to finish. Several critical elements ensure the cleanup process has been conducted satisfactorily.
Necessary approaches to proper mitigation:
- Inspection and pre-testing
- Scoping and estimating the work
- Activating the work order
- Project execution
Upon contacting SERVPRO, our representative provides helpful tips to help you know what you can do before our team arrives. A production manager then scopes the loss and devises a plan of action. Our personnel locates soiled areas using mediums such as dry-cleaning sponges allowing you to see how significant the loss is. Also, we check for moisture presence using a moisture meter or thermal camera, as most fire damage involves some wet materials. With your permission, we will take enough photographs to document the conditions. After inspection, our personnel prepare the necessary paperwork with you for approval.
The Cleanup Phase
Some materials do not entirely burn during a fire, leaving behind substantial waste products like burnt plastic, synthetic fabrics, and asbestos-laden building materials. Left unaddressed, they may cause further destruction.
Experts integrate services like:
- Boarding up property segments for safety concerns
- Cleaning up debris and contents
- Odor removal
- Safe disposal of hazardous materials, e.g., lead and asbestos
If you reside in the Laconia area and need fire damage restoration, SERVPRO of The Lakes Region helps return your family to a safe and secure living situation. Call us at (603) 527-2518 for rapid restoration. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Storm Flood Damage in Laconia Requires SERVPRO's Help
Call SERVPRO of The Lakes Region today if you need help with professional flood damage restoration.
How to Handle Storm Flood Damage in Laconia
I have flood damage on my property after a storm. How can I deal with it and restore my home?
You can count on SERVPRO to handle the storm flood damage in your Laconia residence. To return homes to preloss condition after flood damage, we offer the following restoration services:
- Water removal
Our SERVPRO team can take an inventory of the damage from the storm and document everything correctly, including inspecting the roofing, window, siding, and other parts of the home. Our team can also use moisture meters to measure different materials' actual moisture levels or content. We can take note of everything that is physically ruined and note what we observe.
Water Removal and Cleanup
Removing water is an essential aspect of the flood damage repair process. SERVPRO can use portable extractors to remove the floodwater. There may be muck or mud outside your home after a flood. Our team can use vital, environmentally friendly hot water or cold water power washers to remove the dirt from all the affected areas. Suppose the force of high pressure is inadequate to break the dirt's bond on the surface. In that case, we can add a detergent or cleaning agent to the water to enhance the equipment's cleaning power.
We can use high-powered air movers and dehumidifiers to expedite the drying process. This equipment can work together to dry your home quickly.
We can use antimicrobial products to disinfect the damaged parts of your home to prevent contamination.
The lingering smells resulting from dampness can be off-putting. Our SERVPRO team can use various deodorization methods to handle odors. For instance, we can dispense solvent-based and water-based deodorizers to the affected areas using ultra-low volume (ULV) foggers. The foggers generate small particles that penetrate many areas where odor particles hide.
After a storm causes flooding in your home, contact SERVPRO of The Lakes Region to return the property to its preloss condition. Our 24-hour hotline is (603) 527-2518. We aim to make the flooding incident seem "Like it never even happened."
Water Cleanup Experts In Belmont Talk About Moving Out Affected Contents
When you least expect it, an appliance or pipe can break and flood out your Belmont home.
Water Cleanup Experts
When you least expect it, an appliance or pipe can break and flood out your Belmont home. In some cases, the leak can go unnoticed, and vast amounts of moisture can get into your house, requiring that you call SERVPRO for water cleanup. If moisture stays inside a building for too long, the problems can get worse and secondary issues can occur. Microbial growth can take place if water cleanup does not happen within two days.
The first step our SERVPRO technicians take when mitigating moisture-related problems is to repair the pipes or appliances. Once the initial issue gets resolved, we can then begin the water cleanup process in Belmont because there will not be any more moisture getting into the structure. Next, the extraction phase occurs. During this stage, we vacuum up any standing water and moisture inside the carpet and upholstery.
Once our SERVPRO crew has extracted as much water out of the structure as possible, we then begin the rapid structural drying process. If the damage is severe, we often dry out the contents separately from the structural components. Moving out your wet possessions can help us speed up the drying process.
When we feel moving out your contents is necessary, we follow a strict protocol to ensure everything gets returned to the room it was initially placed in. We start by taking inventory of all of the items we move out. We keep a list of all things that we moved, and we keep track of what rooms from which they came. We mark on the inventory list where we moved the items to whether it is an unaffected area in your home or an off-site location. We also record the condition of the thing, including whether it got damaged or wet.
During the move-out process, we carefully pack up your items into boxes so that nothing gets destroyed during the move. We then label and tag all of the boxes so we know what to do with each box of your contents. After the contents are dry out or repaired, we then pack up your items and move them back to where they were inside your house. If you ever realize that some things inside your home have gotten wet, call SERVPRO of The Lakes Region at (603) 527-2518 24/7.
When a Leaking Pipe Causes Mold Damage Behind Your Food Pantry in Your Belmont Home
SERVPRO quickly and thoroughly remediates mold damage found in your home, taking steps to prevent future mold growth.
Rely on SERVPRO When You Discover Mold Growth in Your Home
A musty odor is one of the most significant signs that you may have mold damage in your home. The truth about mold is that it is everywhere; its spores are omnipresent. It is impossible to rid your home of it entirely. However, mold spores are relatively harmless until they come in contact with water. When an entire colony grows and invades a part of your home, it can cause health effects and damage your belongings. With mold, it is always wise to trust professionals to deal with the issue.
A leaking pipe inside of your Belmont home can cause mold damage. If the pipe is inside your walls, it may not be noticeable at first, especially if a pantry is directly in front of it. Your pantry is essential; after all, it is where you keep your extra food. Mold growing near food is never a good thing as mold can cause health effects. It has already become a problem when you begin to smell the musty odor that comes with mold.
SERVPRO can come into your home and investigate the mold damage soon after your call. Because mold can spread when it is bothered, we set up plastic sheeting to separate the area. If the wall is overly damaged, we can remove the section. However, we do not install replacements. What SERVPRO can do is get you in contact with a local contractor.
We can dry out the area using unique trade tools and then clean the molded area thoroughly. Our SERVPRO techs can spray disinfectants and antifungal agents in the area to help reduce the chances of regrowth. Our goal is to try to make sure that the conditions which caused the mold are changed so you can go back to your everyday life without worry.
Do not wait if you find mold damage in your home. Contact SERVPRO of The Lakes Region by calling (603) 527-2518. 24/7, we are available to come to your property.
A Severe Storm With Excessive Rain Could Flood Your Lakeside Belmont Home
Sail through flood damage restoration with SERVPRO
Remediating Your Home After Flood Damage
While living lakeside is terrific during the heat of summer, it is not always so fantastic when a storm rolls in and the excess water causes flood damage to your home. The intense winds from the storm can find a weakness in your home and make an entryway for itself, perhaps through a cracked window or a door that does not close properly. It is wise to call for help as soon as you learn your home has flooded. Waiting could cause further damage to the structure of your home and your belongings. Fortunately, when freak storms and accidents happen, there is help near you that can intercede.
The first employee of ours that can get to your Belmont home to access the flood damage is our Estimator. Our Estimator can tell you their first impression of the damage and the likely solution our team of IICRC-certified technicians could take to remediate it. Think of the Estimator as the communication line between our team and you; they can keep you informed while we work and answer any questions you may have about the damage in your home.
When our SERVPRO technicians arrive at your home, they can focus on removing the flooded water first. We use advanced tools such as portable submersible pumps and extractors to remove the excess water. Should the volume of this water be exceptionally grand, we can bring truck-mounted versions of the same tools that can absorb even more water.
Once SERVPRO removes the immediate water problem, we can focus on cleaning up any debris from the storm and assessing your belongings. While it is rare to lose belongings in this situation, our technicians can keep a list to make insurance claims easier for you. Our final task is to dry out your home, and once everything is dry and clean, your home can hopefully feel as it did before the flood damage.
When a storm floods the lake next to your home and then your house, do not delay. Call (603) 527-2518 to reach out to SERVPRO of The Lakes Region. We prioritize arriving at your home as swiftly as possible after your call.