If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (603) 527-2518

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

When Mold Damage Strikes And Ruins Your Belongings In Franklin

10/24/2017 (Permalink)

Mold lives everywhere, even if we do not see it within our homes.

When Mold Strikes

Mold lives everywhere, even if we do not see it within our homes in Franklin. Individual pieces of mold and its spores are so tiny that you must use a microscope to see them. Populations, though, where colonization takes place, leave little doubt that mold exists.

Franklin residents do not experience higher rates of mold damage than other parts of the country, but each home still holds the potential for this problem to develop. If rainwater enters through tiny openings in the roof, hairline cracks in foundation walls, or along windowsills, mold can begin prolific growth. Many sources, including some inside your home, might exist simultaneously. SERVPRO technicians have the skills to locate these and then take the necessary actions to stop future water from becoming problematic.

When you place clothing, boxes of memorabilia, furniture, or other items near walls or other structures, and lack of ventilation can help moisture build up. Microbes nearby can then use this moisture to reproduce and spread rapidly. Many clothing items, as well as cartons and boxes, contain a significant amount of organic matter, making them highly attractive to microbes.

Whenever we encounter mold damage, we know that our first step in controlling its growth involves finding its source of water. When moisture accumulation is the underlying factor in an infestation, cleaning the items infested becomes a starting point. Boxing your items up for transport to our facility for cleaning allows our other technicians to work within your home. Cleaning walls and other structures in your home of all microbial infestation helps reduce the overall population.

Ensuring that mold damage cannot return and damage your belongings again in the future as quickly as it did in the past, IICRC recommendations include continuous dehumidification. This is especially crucial when using areas such as basements or attic spaces for storage. In addition to a typical dehumidifier, we can place packets that help keep areas dry. These non-toxic desiccant packs last a long time after being placed inside stored boxes.

SERVPRO of The Lakes Region is a locally owned and operated service, providing round-the-clock services to those in our community when mold damage or other disasters happen to their homes. Calling our number, (603) 527-2518, puts you in contact with professionals skilled in the restoration work your home needs.

Click here for more about the city of Franklin, New Hampshire.

Other News

View Recent Posts