Belmont's Mold Damage Experts Are Ready
SERVPRO Responds Rapidly to Help Your Belmont Property with Mold Remediation
It is never fun to have anything negative happen to your home. One thing that can affect your beautiful Belmont home from time to time is mold. Fungi growing inside your home is unpleasant and can cause structural damage.
A fungus needs water, the correct temperature and an organic substance such as wood or paper to grow. If you think you might have an issue, then SERVPRO's mold damage team in Belmont can help. Our restoration crews have experience and are IICRC certified in mold remediation.
Sometimes people suspect they could have mold inside their home when they smell a musty odor. Other times mold can be visible and looks like a combination of black or other colored spots. Even if you do not see or smell the mold, it could exist in areas inside your house that have been wet for an extended period. If you know of an area in your home that has been damp, it is a good idea to have SERVPRO inspect the area. It is vital to get any mold treated because it can cause health effects.
Any time mold is present in the home, it must be removed in a way that prevents the spores from spreading to other areas of the house. Before any work gets done, the area where the mold colonies exist gets sealed off with a containment chamber. Any visible mold can be removed by scrubbing, sanding, or disposing of the material. Any spores that get stirred up and put into the air during the removal process are kept contained inside the containment chamber and a HEPA filtered air scrubber can capture the airborne particles.
After the fungi get removed from an area, the region must be scrubbed with specialized chemicals so that spores do not stay alive and create more mold. Household chemicals such as bleach can kill a fungus, but bleach cannot kill the spores that grow from it. If the spores do not get killed, then fungi can grow back at a later time. Our restoration experts can use anti-microbial chemicals that attack the mold spores to help prevent a fungi problem in the future.
The presence of mold can cause damage to your home. Anytime you think you may have a mold problem, call SERVPRO of The Lakes Region at (603) 527-2518 for 24/7 help.
See this beautiful New Hampshire town right here.