Mold Damage Specialists Of Franklin
Mold Damage Specialists
Sometimes a slow leak inside an appliance or a water pipe takes place inside your Franklin home. Whenever water finds its way into a building, damage likely occurs. If a water damage situation is left untreated for over 48 hours, it is very likely that mold forms.
Once a fungus forms inside your house, it is possible that the spores float to other areas of the home. SERVPRO's mold damage technicians in Franklin have experience in mitigating fungal issues and preventing spores and mold from spreading to other areas inside the building. Once a spore lands somewhere inside a structure, all that is needed for mold growth to occur is the right environment.
A fungus needs three things present inside the home to grow and spread. Once a spore hits a surface, it requires a lot of moisture present in the surface material or the air to develop into a fungus. Fungi also need an organic food source such as paper on walls or wooden flooring. The last thing necessary for the perfect fungi environment is the correct temperature. Some molds form and grow in sweltering or freezing cold temperatures but most strains like a temperature between 68 degrees and 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once all of the conditions inside a dwelling get met, a spore will grow into a fungus; then the mold spreads up and out around its surface. Spores start to grow into fungi by developing leg-like structures called hyphae. The hyphae extend out of the spores, grow down into the surface material, out to cover the surface, and up above the surface. One of the duties of the hyphae is to spray out spores to help the fungi reproduce.
SERVPRO always takes extraordinary measures to ensure the safety of the house's occupants and our employees whenever we mitigate fungal problems. It is possible that mold causes health effects with some people. Before we agitate any contaminated surface, we set up a plastic containment chamber so that any spores or fungus particles cannot escape the affected area. Our technicians always use personal protective equipment so that they do not breathe in any toxic fumes or particles.
During the initial estimation process, we always thoroughly inspect an area and figure out where all of the molds inside your home hide. For professional help with your fungus issue, call SERVPRO of The Lakes Region at (603) 527-2518 for support 24/7.
For more about Franklin click here.